4th of July Traditions - Celebrate America's birthday!
Celebrate USA's birthday with fun-filled and meaningful traditions!
Independence Day (4th of July) Traditions
- Clothes – Wear red, white, and blue clothes
- Food – Have red, white, and blue food/drinks
- Decorations – Have red, white, and blue decorations
- Display meaningful USA photos, quotes
- Listen to patriotic music & sing along
- Display famous US quotes
- Read the Declaration of Independence
- Watch the hot dog eating contest
- Have a 4th of July trivia quiz
- Play old-fashioned games
- Have a ceremony before dinner or lunch
(Face the US Flag)
- Listen to The Star-Spangled Banner
- Say the Pledge of Allegiance
- Pray for our Country
Today we celebrate the birthday of our country– a nation of freedom and liberty. Dear God, we thank you for our nation and for or all the sacrifices others have made to build and defend our country. Thank you for the opportunities and freedoms we have in the United States of America. Help us to never take these blessings for granted, and help us to live our lives in a way that glorifies you. Amen.
- Sing God Bless America, My Country Tis of Thee, and/or America the Beautiful
- Pray for our meal
Now let us thank our generous God for the delicious meal we are about to enjoy, as we say…. Bless us O Lord, and these thy gifts, which we are about to receive, from thy bounty, through Christ Our Lord. Amen.